- Ideal countertop surface
- Hardest of all stone countertop material
- Large selection of colors
- Highly resistant to heat, scratching, and staining
- Thickness: 3cm and 2cm. We recommend 3cm because its structural integrity is superior to that of 2cm.
- Weight: 3cm weighs 21lbs-24lbs per sqft & 2cm weighs about 15lbs per sqft
FAQ's About Granite
Can I put hot objects on granite?
Yes, granite is very resistant to heat. This is why granite is ideal for kitchens.
How do I know if my granite needs to be resealed?
One way to check would be to sprinkle water on to the surface, if the water soaks into the stone instead of beading up your granite needs to be resealed.
Will my granite have a seam?
If possible we try hard to avoid seams. However most kitchens will have a seam no matter how hard you try. Seam placement is determined by StoneQuarters.
Will my cabinets support granite?
Granite is a heavy product, but your cabinets are usually stronger than you think. When giving your free estimate we will make sure to check and see if your cabinets will be able to hold granite.
Can I cut on my granite countertops?
Yes, although it may dull your knives!
What is the difference in 2cm and 3cm granite?
2cm granite is approximately 3/4" thick and 3cm granite is approximately
1 3/16" thick. We recommend 3cm granite for durable and aesthetic reasons.